In 2018, 52 children died of heatstroke after being left unattended in a vehicle. Already this year there have been 21 deaths, including one in NC. Deaths occur in one of three ways: the child was forgotten by the caregiver (54%), the child gained access to a vehicle and became trapped (26%), the child was intentionally left by an adult (19%). Children are especially at risk in cars because their bodies heat up 3-5 times faster than adults. Additionally, vehicles can heat up quickly with temperatures rising 19 degrees in just 10 minutes. Let's put an end to these completely preventable deaths by remembering to ACT.